27.12.12

Sale Shopping Tips


Today I spend hours with the lovely Evelien from the blog fotografille at my favorite coffee place in the city. We talked blogs, our lifes etc etc. She gave me tones of inspiration for my blog. Thanks Evelien.
And I thought why not start right now? As an experiment I'm posting this first post with my tips or my opinion on stuff I see, read, feel or taste in the fashion or blogging world.
So I hope you guys are in for a little reading from time to time.

After my lovely afternoon with Evelien I went to check out the Zara sale; and found it overwhelming. It was so busy, a big mess, long lines. Typical sale shopping. So since I believe that "sale shopping" is one of my competences, I am going to treat you to my top 8 sale shopping tips!

Sale shopping, it sounds so easy. Everything you saw last week, on sale. But you must keep your cool, because penny-wise could turn out to be pound foolish if you don't think it through.

Tip 1 - Make a list
To make sure you only buy what you need ( I know, the word "need" has a nasty ring to it, but you know what I mean), or what you can use. Before you go sale shopping, either online or in the shops. Stand in front of your closet and figure out what you need, or what you are going to hunt.

Tip 2 - Set a budget
I don't really like budgets; but they work quite well. How much money do you want to spend. Use your list, so you can make a price range for what price you want to get what item. In that way you can determine if you want to wait another week for further reductions or not.

Tip 3 - Online shopping vs. Store shopping
This tip has a lot of pro and cons. I like to do both. Online shopping is so comfy, but cane be stressfull. Yes stressfull! When you shop at the H&M sale, you have to make sure to find the items you really like go through the check-out procedure. And then go back for the other items; because items can get sold-out in your basket while you are deciding on which socks you should get.  This is how I got my MMM x H&M sale buys (see here). Just in case you didn't know this: if you shop at H&M online more then once BEFORE H&M has sent you the notification that they are wrapping up your order; all your items will be put in one order; which mean you'll only pay shipping costs once.
The downside on online shopping is that you can't try it on, so it's a good thing if you know how the sizes are of a particular brand. These downsides are the upside of Store shopping. Once you have your hands on an item; no-one can snatch it from you. Also you can feel the fabric and try the sizing.

Tip 4 - Store shopping: wear easy clothes
It sounds so simple, but seriously: wear easy clothes when you are shopping. You'll changing alot. Sample sale shopping is another deal, I'll post a tip-list on that another time.

Tip 5 - Store shopping: wear flat shoes
Wear flats without laces. We all know that moment: arms full of clothes; and there are the perfect shoes. How are you going to try them one easily? Right: wear flats, slippers, ballerina's. Every shoe that slips on and off easily.

Tip 6 - Store shopping: Solo vs. duo
I'm not such a social person when I'm out shopping. I mean: really out shopping. The best shopping I do when I'm out alone. You can give it your full attention. Think about this, before you drag your boyfriend into the craziness of the zara! Downside is that you'll the lonely girl at the coffee place (but who has time for coffee when the sale is on...?)

Tip 7 - Do the Check list
So you are going to buy this one item (or these 7 items) do the following checklist:
 => Is it on your list? a.k.a: do you need it?
 => Would you buy it for full price?
 => Would you wear it next season?
 => Does it fit in your budget?
I'm not saying that you have to answer all these questions with yes. But you should think about it.

Tip 8 - My motto
A few years ago I got this birthday card from a friend which said: "When in doubt: Buy it!" This will sound rather odd, but this does work for me. I have done some of my best buys, by buying in doubt. Well I don't recommend to do this on a regular basis. But if you buy one item per sale (as in sample sale, seasonal sale) you'll end up with some un-expected nice variation in your closet. But whatever you do: always use your head!! I'm not accountable for big expenditures on stuff you'll never wear.

Well these are my tips for maximizing your chances in the sale. Have fun girls!!


Follow me:

Photo: Pinterest


5 comments:

  1. Wat een leuke en goede tips!
    Ik heb zelf ook een lijstje met wat ik mag kopen, maar daar houd ik me niet vaak aan haha :p

    xoxo The Daily Fashion Drug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah daarom heb ik ook m'n motto: "bij twijfel altijd kopen" niet op het lijstje is twijfel, dus het mag gekocht worden ;)

      Delete
  2. Hele nuttige tips!!! Alleen het koop alleen wat je echt nodig hebt is moeilijk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, love the quote! En ben het volledig eens met je tips, meeste dingen doe ik ook.

    X Marjolein - Never Too Polished.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/1/13 22:15

    Great blog xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...