Since Cosmo gets away with it, then why can't I get away with it? This was the first thing that popped intoo my head this morning. What am I talking about? Posting recipes in a fashionmagazine, or fashionblog! Well, I'm kinda falling of my religion in 2013, writing about sports, menswear and food; but actually: I'm quite liking the fact that I can share all my passions here with you guys (and since I kinda bought a house, my shoppingbudget has shrunk, so I have found new hobbies to kill time...).
Well Sunday morning is my baking morning; I get up early (hangover or not) and bake something; ussualy scones or muffins. This Sunday I made a recipe inspired by a pic I pinned on pinterest.
Fancy some bite-size apple munchies? Follow these easy steps!
- 4 sheets of puffpastry (deforsted)
- 1 big apple (peeled)
- 2 table spoons of sugar
- 3 table spoons of cinnamon
- 2 table spoons of melted butter (I used liquid baking butter)
- a sharp knife
- cutting board
- a peeler
- baking tray, lined with baking paper
- 2 small bowls
- a brush
- Preheat the oven via the intructions on your puff pastry-pack
- Put the butter in bowl
- Mix 2 table spoons of cinnamon and all of the sugar together in a bowl
- Slice your apple in bite size pieces
- Slice the puffpastry in triangles
- Brush some butter on the triangle
- Put an apple piece on a long end of the triangle
- Put a teaspoon of the sugar and cinnanom mix on the apple piece
- Roll the apple in the pastry, to get a little parcell
- Put the apple parcells on the lined baking tin
- Brush some butter on the top of each apple parcell
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the little parcells
- Bake the apple parcells in approx. 20 min at 220 degrees celcius*
(Temperatures may vary due to type of oven, and type of puff pastry. Follow the instructions on your puff pastry-pack).
- When nice and golden; get them out of the oven.
- Cool the apple bites on a rack; (some of the sugar and cinnanom can run out through the gaps)
Well I used far too much puff pastry; but to tell you the truth: it was passed it's used-by-date, so I dediced to use all of it. It tasted fine by the way. My man and I ate all these apple bites in less then an hour while watching Dark Shadows on Sunday morning. Love it!
What are your thougts on my recipe? Are you going to try it? And how are you like recipes on my blog? Yay or nay?
Photo's and collage by me